The Project ”Made in the Iron Gates” was financed under Romania – Republic of Serbia IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme, a program financed by the European Union through the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) and co-financed by the partner states in the program.
The project was implemented by Pro-Mehedinti Association in partnership with the Tourist Organization of Municipality Majdanpek (Republic of Serbia).
The general objective of the project was to create the premises for socio-economic growth based on the development of the quality cross-border tourism.
Among the activities conducted in the project, it is mentioned:
- Team organization and project launching;
- Creating the database “Made in Iron Gates”;
- Making the logo “Made in Iron Gates”;
- Organizing 5 seminars on entrepreneurial skills topics;
- Handicraft workshops;
- Exchange of best practices in tourism;
- The Romanian-Serbian Conference “Joint tourism development in the Iron Gates”;
- Exhibition “Made in Iron Gates”;
- Making 10 tourist feature reports „Made in The Iron Gates”;
- Creating the virtual tourist information centre „Made in The Iron Gates”;
- Project information and advertising;
- Achievement of the project management.
The results achieved by the project are:
- creating a database with touristic information in the area;
- creating a logo “Made in Iron Gates” in order to create the identity of the Iron Gates area;
- creating 10 models with tourist objectives;
- organizing 5 seminars on entrepreneurial skills topics;
- 20 Romanian locals and 5 Serbian locals trained to manufacture tourist souvenirs;
- 20 models of souvenirs;
- 1000 copies of Book of artisans in the Iron Gates area;
- the guide “How to capitalize the natural and human potential of villages”;
- the Romanian-Serbian conference “Joint tourism development in the Iron Gates”;
- the souvenirs exhibitions „Made in The Iron Gates”;
- the setup of Romanian-Serbian association for Joint tourism in Iron Gates;
- 10 tourist feature reports „Made in The Iron Gates”;
- 1000 DVDs with 10 tourist feature reports;
- 1 virtual tourist information centre “Made in Iron Gates”.
The target group of the project was:
- 100 Romanian locals participants to seminars;
- 20 Romanian locals attending to the handicraft workshops;
- 5 Serbian locals trained to use molds to create souvenirs;
- 25 Romanian persons certified as guest-house administrators;
- Minimum 41 participants to the Romanian-Serbian conference;
- 300 tour-operators from Romania and Serbia;
- 10.000 tourists who visit the Iron Gates;
- Local public authorities in Mehedinti and Bor;
- Viewers in Mehedinti and Bor.