Thematic Route: The Cultural Heritage Route
Name of the Touristic Attraction: Dumbrava Commune
Location: in Mehedinti County. It is located 44 km away from Drobeta Turnu Severin. Here you get from Drobeta Turnu Severin, on DN 6 and continue on DJ606A to Plopi commune.
Description: The commune spreads over 35 km, and is a few km away from the commune of Brezniţa-Motru. It is a place that abounds in green scattered by the colors of the flowers growing on the side of the place and the lilac that is present in any household. In these places, nature shows its craftsmanship, drawing colorful landscapes for the delight of tourists in the area. It is an area with lots of vegetation, with flowers and forests that enchant the eyes of anyone and especially of those searching for unique landscapes. Here the basic occupations of the locals are the agriculture, animal husbandry and beekeeping. In the commune we meet craftsmen who process the wood, inheritance from the elders, but also bricklayers.
Information and Contact:
Dumbrava City Hall: tel: + 40252-342661
Route close to other thematic routes:
In the area you can also visit:
- The wooden church in the village of Albuleşti
- Rocșoreni Archaeological Site
- In the forests surrounding the commune, which stretch over an area of about 2000 ha, can be practiced hunting.
Other useful information:
- Nedeia – each village in the commune celebrates Nedeia according to the patronage of the church in that village.
- Fair – organized annually on the first Sunday in October
GPS Coordinates: lat, long: 44.516667, 23.116667000000007, elevation: 281 m