Thematic Route: Route of the Natural Heritage
Tourist Attraction Name: “Mehedinți under the mountains” Association
Location: Ponoarele Commune, Mehedinţi County, at a distance of 67 kilometers from the town of Drobeta Turnu Severin.
Description: The association was set up in April 2015 and its goal is to contribute to the development of tourism in the area. “Mehedinti under the mountain” Association aims to contribute to the sustainable economic development of the communities in the northern area of Mehedinţi County by promoting, preserving, protecting and capitalizing the natural, cultural and human heritage by preserving the local specificity.
Among the activities carried out within the Association there are included:
- Hiking with a special trained mountain guide
- Organization of outdoor activities
- Organizing events;
Legend / Story / Impressions / Recommendations:
In October 2015, the Association organized the MTB Ponoroarele Race Contest – a mountain biking contest involving cyclists from Timisoara, Cluj, Bucharest, Craiova, Drobeta Turnu Severin, Târgu-Jiu and other cities. During the competition there were routes of different levels of difficulty. Since then, each year, the Association organizes this event.
Information and Contact:
Tel: +4 0745 069 009
Route closed to other thematic routes:
You can also visit in the area:
– Bridge’s cave
– God’s Bridge
– The Lilac Forest
– Zaton Lake
Other useful information:
The association also offers:
- Tents for rent: 10 tents: 30 lei / pcs / day
- Bicycles for rent: 10 fully equipped mountain bikes: 10 lei / pcs / hour, 50 lei / pcs / day;
- Tennis tables for rent: 3 outdoor tennis tables: 10 lei / hour;
- Intermediation of accommodation in boarding houses / agribusinesses / local households.