Thematic Route: The Natural Route-Activities in Nature
Name of the Touristic Attraction: “Gârla-Mare” Fishery
Location: Gârla Mare commune, Mehedinţi County, 63 km away from the city of Drobeta Turnu Severin.
Route: Vânju Mare – Bucura – Recea – Vânători – Cujmir, you turn right to Vrata and Gârla Mare. At the entrance to Gârla Mare you turn left and the road leads directly to Gârla Mare Lake.
Description: The Gârla Mare Lake is located in the southern part of the commune with the same name in the county of Mehedinţi, between the village and the Danube. The fishery at Gârla Mare is composed of about 10 pools, all linked by canals. Here you can fish from the boat, but you cannot fish at night. The fish species that can be caught here are: Crap, Crucian Carp, Perch, Clean, Cteno.
Information and Contact:
Price: 50 Ron / 12 h
Retained quantity: 5 kg
Other useful information:
Obtaining a Fishing Permit for 2018:
– issued by ANPA (National Association for Fisheries and Aquaculture)
– The license is obtained free of charge
– It applies only to non-concessional natural waters (any natural water in the country that is not in the management of an association of fishermen, nor in the Danube Delta). It’s made of blue cardboard.
– For border fishing, on the permit issued by ANPA the border visa must be applied.
Documents required for the issuance of the permit by ANPA:
– Copy of C.I (identity card)
– ANPA Address: Agronomic House
– ANPA program: Monday: 09:00 -14: 00
For concessional waters:
– is issued by the concessionaire. It’s the one made of white cardboard.
– There is no fishing fee, but there is a likelihood that the license applicant will have to join the water concession association and pay the annual membership fee.
The periods and areas of prohibition in force in 2018, as well as all legal regulations related to fishing, are mentioned in Order no. 8/174/2018 on establishing the periods and areas for prohibition of fishing as well as the areas for the protection of living aquatic resources in 2018, which shall enter into force starting with 07.04.2018. http://www.anpa.ro/acte-normative/
Route close to other thematic routes:
The area is also protected by the Gruia-Gârla-Mare Protected Natural Area and the Gârla Mare Commune.