“7 Wonders of Mehedinti and Borski”, code RORS-37 is a project implemented under Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Romania-Serbia Programme, financed by the European Union under the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA II) and co-financed by the partner states in the Programme.
The project is being implemented in partnership with the Bios Foundation in Donji Milanovac, Serbia and the Tourism Organization of the Municipality of Negotin, Serbia.
The total value of the project is 453,982.04 Euro, out of which the EU contribution is 385,884.72 Euro.
The main objective of the project is to develop the tourism-based economy by creating capacities and skills for high quality tourism services, innovative cross-border partnerships and new tourism information tools. Through its activities, the project “7 Wonders of Mehedinti and Borski” intends to create, develop and consolidate common tourism products and offers, to present the tourist activities that could bring and maintain a visitor in the area for a longer period, to increase the visibility and functionality of niche tourism attractions and to provide them with better knowledge of the stakeholders involved in the sector.
The target group of the project is made of:
- representatives of local institutions or authorities and local associations with relevant attributions / activities in the tourism sector and those of private tourism structures
- visitors and potential visitors to the Mehedinti-Borski cross-border region
- communities Mehedinti and Borski.
The following activities will be carried out within the project:
- The Romanian-Serbian Speleology Association Settlement
- Hunters and Anglers Cross Border Club
- The Romanian-Serbian Nautical Club Settlement
- The Romanian-Serbian Off-road and Enduro Association Settlement
- The Romanian-Serbian Ramblers’ Association Settlement
- Developing the database of the project
- Makeup of a gourmet guide of the area “Gastronomy of two Empires”
- Making 4 thematic movies about the wonders of the Mehedinti-Borski cross border region
- Developing the Guide for hunting tourism and active vacation
- Placing 20 informative panels or labels with QR codes next to touristic objectives
- Websites upgradation and population
The project has the following results:
- Increasing capacities and abilities for 250 representatives of local stakeholders to obtain high quality tourism services in the Mehedinti-Borski region;
- New cross-border cooperation structures created to increase the use of 5 niche tourism sectors as resources for tourism development in the Mehedinti-Borski region
- New information tools for visitors, potential visitors and stakeholders involved in tourism development in the area targeted by the project